The Filipino-American Community of Colorado (FACC) offers competitive merit-based and need-based scholarship award to deserving Filipino-American students. The organization has established and maintained a continuing scholarship program since 1981 that awards scholarships both in the United States and the Philippines.
Scholastic Achievement Award:
- Amount: Up to $750 each
- Number of Awards: 3
- Type: Academic merit award to an in-state high school graduate entering college or to a full time college student entering the final year of an undergraduate degree curriculum as recognition for superior academic and extra-curricular achievement.
- Minimum requirements of grade point average of 3.10 as based on a 4.00 grade point scale
- Grade out to 90 or more points on the prescribed Student Achievement Evaluation Criteria (as provided in the FACC By-Laws).
The Board of Directors makes the final decision on the recipient or recipients (shall not be more than three recipients in any given year) and amount of the Scholastic Achievement Award.
President’s Youth Award
- Year Established: 1991
- Award: $500
- Type: Cultural Excellence Achievement award to high school graduating Member of FACC who shall have shown consistent contribution and youth leadership in the cultural activities of the Community.
To be eligible, the prospective awardee must:
- Be less than twenty one (21) years of age
- Should have been a Junior Member and been active in the youth and cultural activities of the Community for at least three years preceding the award
- Must be nominated by at least three Officers of the FACC.
- The Executive Committee (the seven officers of FACC), by unanimous vote in a quorum, shall make the final determination on the recipient or recipients (limited to three recipients in any given year) of the President’s Award.
How To Apply:
Visit the FACC Scholarship site.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.