The Philippine American Chamber of Commerce of Oregon (PACCO) awards two types of scholarships with amounts of $500 and $1500 each depending on the scholarship type. The $1,500 award is for youth that are low income and the $500 award is for academic achievement and leadership performance.
Applicants need to be students of Filipino-American descent according to scholarship guidelines and requirements.
Future Connect Scholarship Program
- Amount: $1,500
- Number of Awards: 5
- Applicants need to be students of Filipino-American descent according to scholarship guidelines and requirements.
- Youth must graduate from high school or earn a GED the year the scholarship is awarded from the following public school districts or alternative schools: Portland Public, Centennial, David Douglas, Parkrose, and Reynolds.
- Youth have the option of entering a two year or four year college.
- Youth that are low-income or youth that have barriers to success are the targeted population.
- Youth must attend one of the Future Connect college partner institutions: Portland Community College, Clackamas Community College, Mt. Hood Community College, Portland State University or Lewis and Clark
PACCO Regular College Scholarship Program
Scholarships are awarded to recognize volunteer work, extra-curricular activities as well as academic achievement. PACCO Scholarship committee will select recipients based on the following criteria: number of community volunteer service hours; leadership awards and honors; appraisal/recommendation completed by a supervisor, leader or teacher; an essay and a grade point average of 3.00 or better and financial need
- Amount: $500
- Number of Awards: 4
- High school seniors or current college students of Filipino descent, legal resident of Oregon and SW Washington are eligible to apply.
- Applicants must enroll in a full-time undergraduate course of study at any accredited two- or four-year college, university, or vocational/technical school in Oregon or SW Washington.
- Completed Application Form
- A short essay no more than 500 words written by the applicant: “Importance of College Education”
- Two letters of Recommendations
How to Apply
- For complete eligibility information and/or to download an application form, visit the PACCO Web site. www.pacco.org
- Applications can be sent or hand delivered to: Philippine American Chamber of Commerce (PACCO). Attn: 2014 PACCO College Scholarship. 5424 N. Michigan Street Portland, Oregon 97217 Phone: (503) 285-1994(503) 285-1994
- 2014-2015: 03/15/2014
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.